RUTH is a graduate of the University of Jos and a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria. She holds an LL.M degree in Oil and Gas Law from the prestigious Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP), University of Dundee, Scotland. Her areas of specialization include Oil and Gas, Foreign Investments, International Trade, Project Finance, Corporate Insolvency, Civil and Commercial Litigation, Arbitration, Corporate Governance and Power.
- She has been involved in a number of complex negotiations involving Oil Block Bidding Rounds in Nigeria.
- She headed our advisory team that acted for a foreign oil company on its entry and subsequent investment in the Nigerian energy industry, using a Special Purpose Vehicle.
- A very active practitioner in Arbitration and Conciliation, she led the team that successfully acted for a local company in arbitration proceedings against a major player in Nigeria’s Energy sector in a U$D4 million claim;
- She acted as team leader for a major indigenous oil company in negotiating an amicable resolution of a U$D9 million claim against the company by an East European Consortium member and successfully negotiated a U$D2.2 million full and final settlement for the client;
- She was part of the team that advised a Nigerian investor in the power sector in its acquisition of majority stake in one of the power distribution companies during the unbundling of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria;
- She led the team that acted for a foreign investor in the joint development of a Nigerian marginal field with a local company;
Ruth is a founding Partner of the Firm. She is a member of the Nigerian Bar association, an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, UK (Nigeria Branch) and the Arbitration and Oil & Gas Committees of the International Bar Association.